What does the Apollo Academy retreat look like?
The 2017 Apollo Retreat focused on the Viennese masters, Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven. This September’s focus will be Mendelssohn, Schumann and Brahms. Registration is open; download an application here.
Playing participants enjoy the opportunity to workshop and perform selected pieces within their quartets, and also engage in chamber music reading sessions with Apollo Academy musical staff. The “dinner concert” series — an entertaining and informative performance collaboration between the Alexander String Quartet and eminent composer, pianist, and music historian Robert Greenberg — provides further insight into the music. Photos below show:• participants rehearsing with guidance from the Alexander String Quartet
• non-playing participants exploring nearby Salt Point State Park
• yoga class in Ratna Ling’s Meditation Hall
• one of the varied and delicious meals prepared by Ratna Ling staff
• the ASQ and Robert Greenberg in the evening “dinner concert” series
• the group portrait of staff, musicians and enthusiastic listeners!